All things are possible.
Rifle Paper Co.
Watermelon Coconut Ice Cream, Vegan, GF and no ice cream machine needed…RECIPE
10 WAYS TO DRINK MORE WATER THIS SUMMER!
Now that the hot weather is with us, it is even more important that we hydrate ourselves properly and efficiently. With heat, comes times outdoors in the sun and lots of sweat. It is important that we replace all water loss to keep our bodies working at their optimum capabilities.
*NOTE: If you are active during the summer, it is even more important that you increase your water intake by significant amounts.
- Carry it with you!
Buy a plastic bottle and carry it around with you! Take it to work, school, on your day out, wherever! Even take two just in case you finish the first one. This should help prevent you from buying any fizzy or sugary drinks while out and will always be there to keep you refreshed whenever feeling a bit thirsty. Put ice cubes in it to keep it cold too!
- Make games with it
Honestly though. How fun would it be to turn drinking games into water games. Gather friends around and play Water pong and watch each other get drunk of water haha! Or ring of fire? Who will have to chug all the water from the middle glass? Dun, dun, dun!
- Track your intake
Make a little calender and track how much liquid you’re drinking daily - including other drinks. This might help encourage you to increase your intake of water if you see that you’re drinking very little in comparison to the other liquids, etc. You could also make a calender specifically for water and it might help you stay committed to drinking water at a certain time of day and staying at it!
- Create Reminders
You could have reminders on your phone that beep at you at a certain time of day telling you to drink a certain amount or another slightly more fun suggestion… If you buy a plastic water bottle you could mark the times of day on it to make sure you drink that certain amount of water by a certain time of day. Like so:
- Add Fruit to flavour it up
Drinking just water can get boring and that’s why normally we need something sweet to quench our thirst and taste buds. But fear no more! You can fix this by adding different kinds of fruits and herbs to your water. My personal favourite.. Lemon and Mint! Delicious. Literally though try it out and play around, here are a few that is nice!
- pineapple and strawberries
- strawberries and cucumber
- lemon and mint
- lemon and lime
- raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, strawberries
- oranges, pineapple, mango!
Here is also a link that can help you with this!
- Drink before, during and after meals
This will help get your insides working and help break down the food that you’re eating. Doing this will also help in eating slightly less which helps with weight loss in a healthier way. It also helps prevent bloating because the water helps breakdown all the nasty stuff that causes bloating!
- Sip it with a straw
A way that helps me to drink water more regularly when I’m not doing much is to have it next to me in a glass with a straw. This helps me stop eating out of boredom because I just keep sipping on the water and playing with the straw. It works!
- When you feel hungry, Drink!
Sometimes thirst responds the same as a hungry tummy and sends the signal through a rumbling tummy. Rather than eating straight away try downing a glass of cold water. If you’re hungry afterwards then of course, eat but if not then great!
- Drink a Glass of water every morning
This is a great way to get everything in your system cleansed, detoxed and working more efficiently and earlier. It will help breakdown your breakfast and make you feel much more refreshed, making you more awake and ready to take on the day!
- Keep it in places that is easily reached!
Buy a couple of packs of bottled water. Preferably the 24 packs. Keep them in your car, at the front door, in the kitchen, in your room! Wherever you feel like you need it most. I like to keep some at the front door and in the car. This helps me in taking one when I go out and when I’m out and need some water can just go to the car and quench my thirst. Although this may seem expensive, I can guarantee it will be much cheaper in the long run and will help your health in a way that makes it all worth it!
I hope this helps you stay hydrated and refreshed this summer and forever :)
Note: The photos do not belong to me. I found both on google and claim no ownership!
8 BEST TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS BEGINNERS:
- Don’t change all at once. If you go from eating crap and sitting all day to trying to instantly start running 10 miles a day and eating nothing but salad and bananas, you are going to get tired of it and probably fall back into old habits. Change a few things at a time (like cut out all soda and fast food and then ease into more intense workouts).
- Understand it is 90% mental. As a runner, I know that I can run a full marathon, but convincing my mind that I am going to run nonstop for the next 4 hours is surprisingly difficult. Same goes for convincing your mind that you, in fact, don’t need to eat that extra cookie to feel full.
- Make goals, but not time limits. Time goals are hard because weight loss is often so scattered and you will probably end up being extremely stressed the closer and closer a deadline gets. Goal weights/goal measurements are positive motivators but time tends to be more of a stress. Everybody loses weight differently!
- Understand that your boobs will more than likely change sizes. A lot. I personally went from a 36C to 36B to 34B to 34C to 32D and then down to a 32C where I have stayed. When your weight is fluctuating, so do da gurls. Get remeasured every 5-10 pounds and buy new bras accordingly. It completely changes the way your clothes fit (I worked at Victoria’s Secret for 3 years and I can’t stress this enough).
- Find what motivates you and hold onto it for dear life. Losing motivation is the biggest factor for people not losing weight. I don’t care if you find motivation in weighing yourself twice a day, trying to fit into a prom dress, or simply trying to be healthier. You do you girl, but remind yourself daily what you are doing you for.
- Know that it will become a habit! This is seriously the biggest thing. Once you can stick to a clean eating plan and a workout schedule for about a month, it becomes second nature. I don’t even think about bad food. Like the idea of walking into the chips and cookie isle at Safeway doesn’t even cross my mind. The option of not running and going to the gym doesn’t ever go into my brain. It just BECOMES HABIT.
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Don’t be one of the people that is just sitting there in a corner all sad eating a bag of lettuce. Eat healthy food that you actually enjoy eating. Do workouts you actually enjoy doing. You won’t be successful if you are miserable every day you are trying to lose weight. It can be fun, make it so!
- Love your body now. It doesn’t need explaining. You look hot now, you will look hot when you lose weight. You will look hot every day in between. Embrace it. Embrace the Glen Coco. Embrace the fabulous.
Page 1 of 35